Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Publish book - Get turned over by Police

No, I am not making this up.

My memoirs A Mote in Brussels’ Eye describing my five years in the Brussels lunatic asylum came out as an eBook at the end of January.

Barely five weeks later, on March 5 to be precise, nine policemen arrived unannounced at my front door armed with a warrant to search our home.  

Much of my book details my efforts on behalf of the taxpayers of SE England to expose the gross misuse of public funds by the EU, and hold them accountable.

Such an unusually fast reaction by Brussels tells me they are both very angry and terrified. My book is obviously causing them trouble.

The police team were from the Economic Crime Investigation Team based in Netley, Hampshire. The Chief Constable of Hampshire has already been asked to explain himself.

The search warrant the police carried had been indecipherably signed only the day before by a Justice of the Peace. It was apparently based on an EU accusation that I used public funds to investigate them!

No, I am still not making this up.

It seems I should not have paid anyone to assist my work - not anti-EU organisations, whistleblowers, current and former members of EU staff, forensic accountants, one of the UK’s most pre-eminent constitutional lawyers (Leolin Price QC, no less) or any other lawyers – to say nothing of the scores of individuals with knowledge of wrong-doing who sought me out over the years.

The police took away a few documents which they thought relevant – but one was from the EU itself, demanding money with ill-disguised menaces! 

But they also took every penny of cash they found in the house on the grounds that this was a “money-laundering” exercise! That afternoon I couldn’t even pay the milkman!

Happily my book was already doing well. Now it’s doing even better. If you haven’t seen it yet, this blogspot has all the details.

3 comments:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first
    comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.
    I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    umrah jeddah flights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a very interesting read and would love to purchase the book. I am going to buy a kindle in the next few weeks so I will give your book a read.

    devis travaux salle de bain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that. But you do not need to buy a Kindle unless you want to.

      Just follow the link to Amazon. You will find a Kindle app for your computer, which is FREE! Here is the link :

      http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html ref=kcp_ipad_mkt_lnd?docId=1000493771

      Just download. Suddenly, your computer is now a Kindle as well

      Hope that helps

      Ashley Mote

      Delete